The University of Johannesburg (UJ) hosted an awards function on Thursday, 9 June 2016 at Auckland Park Bunting Road Campus (APB) to acknowledge the outstanding success of schools throughout the country who supply the University with outstanding students.
“The schools’ awards event aims to increase the number of children receiving a quality education. This goal, of increased numbers of children receiving quality education, informs the selection of the schools which the University celebrates and rewards,” says Mr Pieter Durandt, Manager: Student Marketing.
The School Awards were based on the following category: highest number of enrolled students, highest number of Orange Carpet students who applied, and highest number of Orange Carpet students who have registered at UJ for the 2016 academic year.
In the top three, the title of the top school went to UJ Metropolitan Academy School, with Dendron Secondary School in second place, and in third place Mbilwi Secondary School.
These are the names of the schools that made it in the Top 20:
- Al Aqsa Extension One School
- Dendron Secondary School
- EPP Mhinga Secondary School
- Hoërskool Florida
- Hoërskool Linden
- Hoërskool Monument
- Litshovhu Secondary School
- Masisebenze Comprehensive School
- Mbilwi Secondary School
- Phumulani Secondary School: Katlehong
- President High School
- Reitumetse Secondary School
- Shree Bharat Sharda Mandir School
- St Matthews Private Secondary School
- Thengwe Secondary School
- Thohoyandou Technical High School
- Thuto Pele Secondary School Gauteng
- Tshivhase Secondary School
- UJ Metropolitan Academy School
- Zama Secondary School
Congratulations to all the amazing Schools listed in UJ’s Top 20 Schools for 2016!