Excellence is at the core of the University of Johannesburg’s (UJ) legacy, with exemplary contributions from research, teaching and learning. UJ transforms society and individuals through the commitment of its academics and professional support staff.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Distinguished Awards recognise the individuals who demonstrate outstanding achievements aligned to the University’s vision and values.
On Wednesday, 15 November 2017, seven staff members were honoured with the 2017 Vice-Chancellor’s Distinguished Awards for Teaching, Research, Support, and Beyond Normal Call of Duty.
MOST PROMISING YOUNG TEACHER
- Dr Melissa Card (Department of Psychology, Faculty of Humanities)
- Ms Naiefa Rashied (School of Economics, College of Business and Economics)
- Dr Wai Sze (Grace) Leung (Academy of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Faculty of Science)
MOST PROMISING RESEARCHER OF THE YEAR
- Prof Philiswa Nomngongo (Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science)
SPECIAL VICE-CHANCELLOR’S AWARD FOR HIGHEST CITED RESEARCHER
- Prof Vinod Kumar Gupta (Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science)
OUTSTANDING REASEARCHER OF THE YEAR
- Prof Ian Dubery (Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science)
SERVICE BEYOND THE NORMAL CALL OF DUTY
- Ms Daphney Nemakhavhani (Student Finance Division)