Start the year with enthusiasm – join the University of Johannesburg’s (UJ) premier fitness centre at affordable monthly rates and improve your physical and mental agility. The University has four gyms spread across the Soweto, Doornfontein, Auckland Park Kingsway and Bunting Road campuses.
Students, staff and alumni can enjoy the gym facilities with no binding contracts and joining fees. The UJ gyms are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. Wear comfortable gym clothes and join an exercise group or follow an individual workout schedule.
The UJ gyms have a team of experienced instructors who ensure that members receive the best fitness results.
Benefits of regular exercise:
- Reduces body fat and assists with weight management;
- Improves muscle tone and strength;
- Boosts energy levels, enthusiasm and self-confidence;
- Boosts the immune system;
- Reduces stress and improves posture;
- Helps you do more and enjoy life to the fullest.
Gym pricing for 2023:
- No joining fee required, no contract
- Student and Alumni Rate: Monthly = R200 – Weekly = R70
- Staff Rate Monthly = R260 – Weekly = R90
According to Mr Joel Kgokong, Interim Manager: UJ Gymnasia, the gym staff are keen to assist anyone who needs help or is still new in their facilities. “We’re expecting membership registration numbers to go up with the influx of new students and staff this time of year. The numbers also peak between June and July because many people prepare for summer bodies – people also have enough time due to the school holidays,” says Kgokong.
Contact APK Gym: (011) 559 2284 – APB Gym: (011) 559 1570 – DFC Gym: (011) 559 6413 – SWC Gym: (011) 559 5034.